Along with a comprehensive salary and benefits package, Momentum credit union offers staff a friendly and positive work environment. We encourage personal and professional development in a rapidly changing and evolving work place.
If you have a background in the financial services or retail sectors, are committed to delivering exceptional customer service and you have specific skills in sales, lending, finance, information technology, accounting, marketing, administration or communications we would appreciate hearing from you.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and check back often to see any current opportunities that may be available.
Chief Executive Officer
Reports to: Board of Directors
Headquartered in Hamilton, Ontario
Momentum Credit Union (MCU) is a multi-branch credit union headquartered in Hamilton. Our 25 employees serve approximately 11,000 members between 2 branches located in Hamilton and Oakville. Originally formed over 75 years ago, the credit union has grown to include employer groups including the Ford Oakville plant, the Chrysler Brampton plant, the Hamilton Street Railway, and Otis Elevator and has proudly expanded throughout the years to include their families and the communities that they live in.
At Momentum Credit Union we believe:
In our people and their ability to do great things.
That we will never lose sight of our co-operative principles.
In accountability to our members, our colleagues and ourselves.
In the strength of diversity – of opinion, approach and perspectives.
Our vision of the future should be top of mind with every interaction.
Innovation is the best tool to be ahead in the future.
That every member should feel like they belong to something bigger.
To help us continue with our proud traditions and navigate to a prosperous future, we require an inspired, innovative and collaborative Chief Executive Officer. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will lead the management team and ultimately all staff of the credit union using the highest level of personal and work ethics and business conduct. The CEO works collaboratively with the Board of Directors to develop and implement the corporate strategy of the credit union and is given the responsibility of the day to day management of the credit union.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Through the annual planning process, the CEO, under direction from the BOD will establish and implement the annual and longer term objectives, monitoring for success and suggesting and implementing changes if necessary.
Proactively develop, implement, monitor, guide and adjust as necessary the strategic business plan and budget.
Manage the performance of the management team and through them all staff, including setting service and performance standards, growth targets and other measurement standards as required.
Ensure that policies and procedures are developed, implemented and maintained within all statutory, legal and regulatory requirements. Ensure that staff are operating within these policies and procedures.
Direct the overall administration of the credit union, ensuring the communication of objectives and performance standards, obtaining mutual understanding of subordinate roles and authority limits.
Ensure facilities, equipment and tools are up-to-date and economically employed. Ensure staffing resources needs are identified and optimally managed in terms of utilization, worker training and qualifications.
Be an active and contributing part of the credit committee with a good understanding of commercial and retail lending.
Work in partnership with HR as part of the Labour Management process from grievances to collective bargaining.
Acts as an emissary for the credit union, engaging in the communities that we work in and the
traditional employer groups we service. Actively engages in the community volunteering events that the credit union participates in. The CEO will also actively look for new membership opportunities and proudly promotes the credit union where possible.
Demonstrates an advanced level of knowledge and skill in temperament, personal and business values, ethics and judgement.
Has advanced knowledge of organizational design and development.
Highly developed communication skills both verbal and non-verbal.
Inspires others, creates an engaged environment, encourages and empowers others to perform, holds them accountable for their performance and readily shares credit for success with others.
Able to guide and develop direct reports into strategic leaders respecting their individual strengths and diversity.
Demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence including self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy and strong social skills.
Develops effective and mutually respectful relationships with each of the Board members.
Builds key relationships within the company and with partners, suppliers, the credit union and financial services industry and the broader business community.
University degree (Bachelor’s degree or higher) in business or other related industry.
Ten years or more of job related management experience in the credit union or financial service industry
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please include salary expectations.
Please note that only those being interviewed will be contacted. Momentum Credit Union is committed to creating an inclusive and respectful workplace. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please make these arrangements while scheduling your interview.
Meet members’ needs through selling credit union products and services. Promote, up sell and cross sell the full range of commercial and retail lending and investment products, including mutual funds, along with sundry services to meet the needs of the members and the growth objectives as set out in the business plan for the organization. Must be comfortable in actively soliciting new sales and in the retention of existing business for lending and deposits. Responsible to efficiently interview loan applicants, analyze financial information and assess credit risk for decision making. Approve credit under approval limits and complete all documentation accurately relevant to the loan. This position acts as the primary resource for opening new accounts and effectively matching product and services to member needs.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
· Sell and retain commercial and retail lending and investment products and increase the ancillary products and services of members in order to increase profitability per member through cross-selling.
· Responsible to target market members for increased business through letters and telephone calls.
· Effectively interview members to promote, up sell and cross sell lending and investment products.
· Complete commercial and retail credit interviews, applications, adjudication and approvals within approved limits subject to credit granting criteria and appropriate documentation.
· Commercial credit reviews as necessary.
· Liaison with brokers for mortgages, including point of contact, input into MCU banking system and provide CU approval based on MCU policies.
· Problem resolution on member accounts that pertain to in-depth (not transactional) issues on mortgages and investments.
· Work with the transition of members from RRSP’s to RRIF’s.
· Death claim processing as it pertains to their lending and investment relationship, ie. Mutual fund accounts, if licensed.
· Be aware of and contribute to the targets and goals for MCU as defined in the annual business budget for lending and investments, individually and company wide. Track monthly sales reports of new business.
· Responsible for prompt and courteous service to members in branch and via telephone, e-mail, voice mail and Internet facilities.
· Review mutual fund accounts/portfolios and update the know-your-client forms, if licensed.
· Open and close personal and business memberships, file any/all items when necessary.
· Responsible for accurate preparation and follow up of required reports and documentation.
· Responsible to read internal and external material weekly and monthly to update knowledge in both lending and investment products.
· Responsible for a neat and tidy work station.
· Responsible to report any risk as it pertains to lending or investments.
· Responsible to attend staff meetings when in attendance at work.
· All other related duties and projects as assigned.
Standards: (standards to achieve by end of probationary period)
· Moderate proficiency in lending and investments
· Thorough knowledge and proficiency in application of policies and legalities regarding
· lending and deposit services, credit union philosophies and principles
· Solid working knowledge of Credit Union computer systems and mathematical calculations
· Minimum 80% understanding of the credit union’s business objectives, products and services
· Strong in sales and service, interviewing, decision making, problem solving with resolutions; time management, organizational, neatness, keyboarding, policy interpretation, verbal and written presentation and good working knowledge of Word and Excel
· Ability to make appropriate decisions required for moderate credit
· Good decision making skills in lending and moderate investment knowledge
· OSSGD with 2-3 years job related experience or
· Some college with 1-2 years job related experience or
· University degree with 1 year job related experience
· Mutual fund license or willingness to enrol in CSC/IFIC would be considered an asset
· Experience with DNA and Technicost would be considered an asset.
Please note that only those being interviewed will be contacted. Momentum Credit Union Ltd. is committed to creating an inclusive and respectful workplace. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please make these arrangements while scheduling your interview.